Music Banter - View Single Post - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacklover View Post
I find their music much easier to listen to than stuff like Moonchild (don’t get me wrong, I like KC, but that particular track was way too much for me)
Hehe, fans seem to really argue this one. I agree with you. I think if you don't fill an album with compositional music, at least you can do a proper improv jam. The vague noodlings which never really come into focus on the moonchild track seems like a waste of vinyl and time to me.

I have a friend who claims it's the most genius thing on the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacklover View Post
I've actually never listened to Love Beach. Should I give it a listen, or is it really that bad?
I checked it out actually to see if it's as bad as they say. I ended up only giving it that one spin and while I can't remember exactly how the songs go, I wasn't impressed. I don't think the album is quite as atrocious as you'd think from the cover, but for listening to, it's mostly interesting as a curiosity I think.

Most if not all tracks are love songs and most are quite short aside from the "epic" track on it, the 20 minutes long "Memoirs of an officer and a gentleman". The whole album is a bit mushy I guess, which I don't think really works for ELP.