Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana ruined rock music. Who agrees?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
They're one of the most popular hair metal bands so they're the biggest target for that reason.

I wouldn't say they're worse than Cinderella, Winger, Europe or Styper. Or Warrant.

And I certainly don't hate Poison as much as Motley Crue, what a bunch of chodes those guys are.

Still, I don't like to write off whole genres as bad and that includes glam metal. Dokken and Whitesnake has some guilty pleasures.

The Scorpions and Hanoi Rocks actually have some really awesome material but along with Van Halen they were more like predecessors to the movement and so it's unfair to put them in the same category as Motley Crue.

I don't consider GnR hair metal at all, even if they have obvious similarities with the genre.
Bits of hair metal is acceptable, Poison were bigger than Motley Crue? Really? I can't say I like either. I write off whole genres, Hip-Hop and Prog Rock will sadly never appeal to me.

I'd agree with that Van Halen were pioneers of the genre/movement but were good as musicians that they could break away from it and they just provided good fun rock and roll. IMO, GNR Appetite For Destruction holds up to this day as a great record.. even though it's not something I listen to much.

Last FM