Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana ruined rock music. Who agrees?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

Oh well.
My exact feelings on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Yeah, what Van Halen did at the time was very fresh and new and I don't hold it against them just because a bunch of crappy bands ripped them off.

And Appetite for Destruction is still one of my favorite "rock n roll" records, I've goten kinda burned out on Sweed Child O'Mine and Paradise City but I never get tired of Welcome to the Jungle and the rest of the album is great too, gotta love Rocket Queen.

I also like the Use Your Illusion albums a lot despite their faults and crap like Garden of Eden and My World.

You Could be Mine has the most badass drum and guitar intro EVER.
Eddie VH as a guitarist is up there with the best, even though the music with his band isn't up there with the best. I have great admiration for Eddie.

Sweet Child O' Mine was one of the first rock tracks I got into. Where I grew up, to like rock music you were a 'mosher' and 'uncool' but listening to the same mind numbing crap everyone else listened to on Radio 1 was acceptable. But that was one song that really drew me into proper 80s rock n roll. I'm not really bored of any particular song by them, I could get it off the shelf and give it a listen and enjoy it from track to track. I however couldn't do that with the Appetite For Destructions. I found them to be, for the most part weak albums.

Last FM