Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite non-dance electronic tune of the moment?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #75 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Electronic music for the head and not the dance floor. Some is still dancey of course, but you know what I mean.
After listening to songs in this thread vs. the electronica dance thread, I recognize that I am definitely someone who prefers electronic music "for the head" and not the dance floor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrine View Post
My favorite is "Miss You" by Trentemøller and it has been for a few years. I can't post links yet, but you should really listen to it! it's a very beautiful song.
Here's the song for you, since you can't post it yet. The song feels very delicate and gentle, like slow, early morning rain on a gray day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Really liking this new track 'Fine Objects' by Eskamon. The louder I play it the better it is (on good headphones/speakers of course).

^ Now THIS I liked a lot, sidewinder! I love the variety of odd sounds in "Fine Objects," some low and menacing, others fragile and quirky. I found myself smiling through most of the song, wondering what would come next. It makes me feel like I'm on the set of my favorite sci-fi movie, Aliens.

The song sounds mostly percussive to me and light on melody. My only wish would be for the song to include a bit more melody to take the tension build-ups over the edge, rather than maintain a fairly consistent (although fascinating) sound from start to finish.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote