Music Banter - View Single Post - Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Quite frankly I don't see how or why cash_override is crazy, that is the purpose of the bill, You are acting like there is nothing in the bill for employers, did you even read SB1070, or you just winging it? Because if you are... that's just crazy.
first of all, i never claimed this bill did not have any clauses related to employers. i was referring directly to crash_override's stance which seems to favor the criminal treatment, arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants. i am saying that crash's anger should be directed towards these corporations and not individuals who are being exploited. crash's post displays a lot of misplaced contempt for these people.

and secondly, you are sadly mistaken if you believe this law is going to step up enforcement on corporations that routinely hire illegal immigrants. the new enforcement capabilities (supposedly) granted by this law are designed to crack down on the illegal immigrants themselves, everyone knows this. american multinationals are far too powerful to be hindered by a state law such as this one, and if it actually posed any threat to the hiring practices of these corporations it wouldn't have stood a chance at becoming law. at the most these provisions in the law will have the effect of increased enforcement on small and local businesses that hire illegal immigrants, sidestepping the larger problem.

but you are a troll so i'm not sure why i even bother responding to you.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote