Music Banter - View Single Post - If you choose not to read these reviews, you still have made a choice...Rush Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

I met a guy last year who loves Rush, saw them live on Snakes and Arrows and a few other tours...he actually showed me a bass that Geddy Lee had used on a tour, said it was too beat up to use and that he was trying to fix it. Pretty cool stuff! Forgot to ask how he got it, though.

Anyway, I've always been one of those people who thought 2112 was pretty neat, liked Moving Pictures but outside of that just gave occasional listens to Grace Under Pressure and Permanent Waves, mostly to "Spirit of the Radio" and "Red Lenses".

So I'll read this with pleasure, and maybe broaden my horizons - the one issue I have is that it seems like their lyrics are even MORE nonsensical and stupid than other prog bands, though that might just be shortsightedness or lack of understanding - perhaps my viewpoint is wrong. I look forward to this!

Oh, and Peart's drumming gets a bit unnecessarily thick at times, like he's just drumming for the hell of it. On tour I'm sure it's amazing, but when he does it on a song it drags on a bit. Phenomenal drummer, though.

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote