Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Songs That Should Be On Your iPod or Your iPod Is Crrrap
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Maybe some of us don't have Ipod's because they are an easy choice, have terrible headphones and an interface that is not conducive to a serious music fan (it's AAC or nothing according to them).

BTW I only have 4 out of the 100 listed on my player so I am very happy to join the crap brigade.
1) You can't tell the difference between the two media. AAC formatting uses the same encryption that MP3 formatting uses. The key difference being that there's a digital watermark denoting its adherence to Apple's patent.

2) You're wrong, iPods support different media. It's the iTunes program that isn't WMA compatible and that's only because Microsoft won't license it to them. My MediaMonkey player enables me to synchronize with the iPod's operating system fairly efficiently (nor have I had a single problem with it).

3) If you use a third-party OS (like RockBox) you can listen to lossless formats like FLAC on your iPod without much hassle. Something that many other MP3 players' operating systems aren't capable of.

And jackhammer, threads like these are the reason I love this forum so much. It's cheeky and a little snide but I love the title and don't see much reason for offense when the OP just made a fantastic contribution to the forum.