Music Banter - View Single Post - System of a Down
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #1270 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

As I had more than a couple of members recommending me Serj Tankian's debut album Elect the Dead, for I am a SOAD fan. I bought an original copy of the album a month ago (I just couldn't stop myself), and have been listening to the album for more than 10 consecutive days now, and I have to say, it's definitely an awesome album. I may have a couple of least liked songs, but even those have their moments, so I can't say there's any skippable tracks on there.

Maybe on the first listen it might sound a bit too much like a System album, ...well, I don't know what's the negative conclusion I was going with that. Anyway, Serj Tankian's voice still gives me goosebumps, his lyrics are still as rough as ever, and finally his arrangements and melodies seem to be immersed even more in the Oriental feel, so nothing to complain about Like the intro in "Praise the lord and pass the ammunition" sounds like a distorted lute, all very nice.

So all in all, loved the album, and thank you for recommending it over and over.. and over.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote