Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Stephen Hawking ****ing with us?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Laurent Quinn Proper
Phuck Yer Thoughts Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Planets don't last forever. Nor do the sun(s) around them. The ingredients that make life possible are not infinite, so it stands to reason that if a civilization is as advanced as we're theorizing, they've been there long enough for their planet to be, for lack of a better phrase, dying of natural causes.

As far as travel time being too great, you're assuming they wouldn't be advanced enough to have gotten around that little problem. I assure you that if we were visited by an alien race, they obviously did.
If this were the case, the civilization would still be doomed. Either because of the tremendous amount of time needed to establish a connection to another planet or because of the tremendous amount of time need to travel to said planet.

Even if the civilization had some kind of "new" space travel method, the distance and time would still be immense. It isn't like cutting a few hours off of a road trip. Instead, it would be like cutting a few million years off of a billion year travel time.
I love the Nicki Minaj hip hop music albums.I listen all song of Pink Friday album.I like the songs in album.She is sing the song very nicely.I don't think any song is bad in PINK FRIDAY album all songs are listenable.This is the best pop album of year.I think this album is rock man.
Laurent Quinn Proper is offline   Reply With Quote