Music Banter - View Single Post - Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I believe that we've made them illegal. And we can change that.

They are criminals in name only.

Look at our prison system. It's full of people who are there because they partook of a substance that's naturally occurring on planet Earth and arguably has little health side effects. They are there because they made a personal decision that effected nobody but themselves. That, to me, is unjust.

If we turn people away who dare seek for themselves a better life then one of living in violence or poverty, that to me is unjust.

The law shouldn't be absolute. It can and should change. I believe the majority of these people are in the moral right, and we've got to adjust to that.
How can it be just if it you allow illegal immigrants ignore US immigration laws while enforcing them for those how seek US citizenship legally. We didn't make them illegal, it was thier own actions that violate immigration laws.

There are two groups of people coming into the country illegal. Those who seek employment/work and those who are involved in illegal activities. The fomer should be compared whether or not their actions are "moral" to those who do take trouble to go about it legally and get rejected. It's immoral because they slip through the fence while others get turned away or are rejected because of quotas.

Don't you see the position they put themselves in by being an illegal alien. They do more harm to themselves being an illegal alien when they put themselves in a position of be coerced (usually at the hands of their employers or gangs) because of thier status; and inevitably suffer more abuse than otherwise because of it. And that exposes them to the same violence you say there are trying to escape. Immigration laws are enforced not only to protect society but the individual as well.

Imo this law was created to deal with that second group illegal aliens those who engage in criminal activities. Drug and gun smuggling, kidnapping, How does one deal with repeat offenders, gangs etc.? Let them goes through a revolving door.

Something is wrong isn't wrong because people say it's wrong, and all it takes to make it better is to change one's opinion of it, it's wrong when it hurts a person, or society. Something is wrong when it creates an injustice, and whether or not it is illegal does not depend whether or no you can comprehend what ramifications of an illegal action are. Appealing only to the emotional side of the arguement is not the criteria of morality.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote