Music Banter - View Single Post - If you choose not to read these reviews, you still have made a choice...Rush Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Looking forward to this. I've been looking to get into Rush but don't yet know what's worth getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
I've never really gotten into Rush (I kind of hate to say it because everyone does, but Geddy Lee's voice is annoying as ****). Perhaps this thread can turn me.
Well, I hope to turn you guys into die hard Rush fans. Although, Geddy's voice is actually the big reason I hear when it comes to Rush hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
So I'll read this with pleasure, and maybe broaden my horizons - the one issue I have is that it seems like their lyrics are even MORE nonsensical and stupid than other prog bands, though that might just be shortsightedness or lack of understanding - perhaps my viewpoint is wrong. I look forward to this!
I love their lyrics...I don't find them too nonsensical. They usually cover some pretty cool issues. Are there any specific songs you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Nice work on the thread title. I've always liked Rush although I haven't really listened to much of their post-Power Windows material. Geddy Lee is an inspirational bassist (not so much an inspirational vocalist though ). And they actually managed to put out some good stuff in the 80s... Signals has to be one of my favourite Rush albums. And it's cool that they're open to self-parody and entertainment in general (I'm referring to their appearances on ATHF and Trailer Park Boys).
Thanks! Signals is one of my favorites also. I also really like Grace Under Pressure, but that seems to be iffy for some people. Neil Peart showing up in the ATHF movie was hilarious. "The drum solo of life!" They also have some pretty entertaining videos playing during their concerts as well.