Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Stephen Hawking ****ing with us?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
What if their home planet was on the verge of collapse and they needed a new one or their entire species would be gone? You think humans would politely move over to accommodate an entire alien race along the side of us? Not only that, but there probably wouldn't be enough room or resources. So the more intelligent, advanced species is going to be smart enough (not necessarily immoral enough) to decide whether he wants his species to survive or not... this could end up an extermination. By either side. At the very least, it would be war.
I really doubt if ETIs exist and (it's a big if) IF they did they would be both be hostile and technologically advance for time/space travel!? I doubt that, I think it would take a peaceful ETI civilization to accomplish time/space travel (or interdemensional space travel at that). But if they are so advance they probably could terra-form other planets in their solar systems, or a planet in a nearby solar systems in there own galaxy or in the vicinity of their own galaxy cluster. The odds they would find our Sun in the vastness of the universe and scientifically infer it has a planets and gamble one can sustain life, the odds are astronomical to say the least.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote