Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #11826 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
If it's any consolation, I still sometimes feel homesick for Australia even though I've been here for a decade! I find myself looking at the suburb where I used to live on google maps. It's like I know that if I went back there to live it would be completely different to how I remember it and people I knew from there would live there no longer, but I still relish the memories. Last time I went back to Aus was in Form 6 and as I got off the plane and felt the heat waves envelop me, I knew I was home.

I know it's not the same kind of away from home sans-family homesickness you're dealing with, but it does make me wonder what it'd be like if I were to move to England in a year or two (I'm considering it).

Wow that was a soppy post on my part.
Yeah I know, it's funny! And I know at the end of the year when I move back to Aus I'm going to be missing NZ like hell and looking up places I stayed on google maps... can't win!

Wow England... that's crazy. I don't think I could ever live somewhere that far removed from my home. I think Australia and New Zealand are the only places in the world I can happily reside in! Which are luckily the two places I have citizenship in, too Someone told me there are a lot of skills shortages in England though, especially in teaching and public services (although NZ has a teacher shortage too!). What would you be planning to do in England?

And nahh, not a soppy post. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets homesick!