Music Banter - View Single Post - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
snacklover
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Hehe, fans seem to really argue this one. I agree with you. I think if you don't fill an album with compositional music, at least you can do a proper improv jam. The vague noodlings which never really come into focus on the moonchild track seems like a waste of vinyl and time to me.

I have a friend who claims it's the most genius thing on the album.
I just don't understand how anyone could just sit back and listen to a 10 minute long tirade of aimless rattle AND enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I checked it out actually to see if it's as bad as they say. I ended up only giving it that one spin and while I can't remember exactly how the songs go, I wasn't impressed. I don't think the album is quite as atrocious as you'd think from the cover, but for listening to, it's mostly interesting as a curiosity I think.

Most if not all tracks are love songs and most are quite short aside from the "epic" track on it, the 20 minutes long "Memoirs of an officer and a gentleman". The whole album is a bit mushy I guess, which I don't think really works for ELP.
Yeah I do admit I'm a little curious. I'll probably end up listening to it eventually. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Do you mean you watched it on Youtube or you were actually there?

Because that would make you a lot older than the rest of us, no offense.
Hahaha, yeah I meant I watched it on youtube, sorry about the confusion, I kind of assumed it was taken for granted. I'm 17! >.>

Quote:
They were looked upon more as vaudeville performers than as serious artists.
They were so good it at it, though

Quote:
It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

But you could use a good laugh.
lol Now I'll definitely have to check it out.
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote