Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Black Sabbath Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I like Sabbath because people completely laugh at them now. Just think: when was the last time Ozzy was portrayed as anything more than an ex(?)-addict? That's not the way it always was. Nearly all of the Ozzy years were characterized by GOOD albums, something that not too many metal acts could hope to achieve. Yeah, he's probably tipping the bucket now, but that doesn't lessen my respect for what he accomplished with what today remains an unquestionable mainstay of modern metal.
Who laughs at them?? And Ozzy... hes still hosting Ozest every year, putting out albums, training amazing little Zak Wyldes and Randy Rhodes and not to mention being looked up to by every self proclaimed metal band on the planet.

Dont get me started on Iommi. That mans just incredible, he doesnt have have all his fingers due to a factory accident. Listened to this jazz guitarist and continued playing guitar because of it and is now one of the most brilliant Rock and Roll guitarists ever.

I think even if someone mocks them for some reason they know that Sabbath is responsible for a good deal of wha they probably like coming out today.

SHAMELESS DOUBle POST.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote