Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #365 (permalink)
Pulsar
Groupie

Ok so.. Numbers 6-10 are not in any specific order, since it's too hard to decide which ones influenced me more past my top 5 :p

10. Billy Talent - Billy Talent
One of the first rock albums I ever liked. Before that you could say I didn't have a real taste in music since it wasn't such a big part of my life. This was the first step towards change.

9. Alice In Chains - Alice In Chains
A year or so after my Billy Talent era (which goes back to when I was 14), I started getting into Alice In Chains. Something about Laney's voice just drew me in more and more with each listen. This is how I got into grunge.

8. Nirvana - Nevermind
I discovered it not too long after Alice In Chains, quite obviously. It created the same effect for me as Alice In Chains did, but I ended up getting into it much more than Alice In Chains. Favorite songs: Lounge Act, In Bloom and Come As You Are.

7. Alter Bridge - Blackbird
A fairly recent discovery of mine (a couple of years back) made me completely fall in love with this great band. Myles Kennedy completely blew me away with his 4-octave range.

6. Audioslave - Audioslave
This is an breathtaking album, from Cochise to Gasoline and Like A Stone. Chris Cornell is a legend. Tom Morello will be forever in my heart.

5. Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison
The whole album is just so moving and powerful. I've been hooked since hearing the intro and never stopped loving them since. They don't just make noise like a lot of other hardcore (or more hardcore than my usual taste) bands, they know exactly where to add those little guitar solo or screamo vocals.

4. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory / Meteora
It's too hard to decide which one of those albums had a bigger influence on me. I think they're one of the few bands that combined rap and rock beautifully, alongside Rage Against The Machine (sorry, they're not on this list, discovered them way too late). Chester's screams almost bring me to an orgasm.

3. Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Do I even need to say anything? They're one of the greatest bands that ever lived. I am proud to be alive while they're still playing.

2. Radiohead - OK Computer
Wow, it was almost impossible to pick my favorite album by them. This is one of those bands that change your understanding of music. I wouldn't even call them a band. They're in a league of their own. Brilliant. Heart stopping. Can't say enough. They make me shiver.

1. Muse- Origin Of Symmetry
Since the moment I heard Citizen Erased for the first time I knew they were going to be my favorite band for a long time. And I was right, it's been 4 years and I still listen to this band more than any of my other music combined. Their music excites me in ways I cannot even describe. It brings me to tears of joy, and that's not an over-exaggeration. I completely forget about everything bad in this world, and I come to complete peace and bliss when I listen to this album. Muse has actually made me a more complete person, and that's why they are number one for me. Matthew Bellamy, I question my sexual orientation when I hear your voice and your heart touching solos. That's all I can say.
Pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote