Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #227 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
WOW! I've really been missing out over the years! It's so good to hear a fresh band like this.
Oh, great!
You have exactly the same feelings like I had 6 months before when I found Porcupine Tree. So you are on good way to become big fan of PT and Wilson
I hope to see you more often in this thread.

Yes, Signify is very good choice, for me the best album of "old" (no metal) Porcupine Tree.
I think you will like also Stupid Dream, it has a lot of nice melodies. And Lightbulb Sun.
After these three albums you can try new album The Incident but I would recommend not sooner. It's not easy album and it was really hard to appreciate it but now I love it. For first time I said "What the hell is it"? Than "hmmm" and than "yeah, I got the point of this album." But I needed more than 15 listens for The Incident.
Well, maybe I would recommend this order:
Lightbulb Sun
Stupid Dream
Signify
The Incident...

I like or love some Blackfield (Cloudy now, End of the world, Lullaby, Epidemic, This Killer, 1000 people), I love Insurgentes. And I like more projects of S. Wilson.
Highwayman, if you want to know more about all music by Steven Wilson, visit thread with his name. Some time ago I wrote there a list of all SW projects.

And... I have great news... this summer I will finally see Porcupine Tree LIVE!
Well, it will be only open-air festival but at least in my country.