Music Banter - View Single Post - Your thoughts on Justin Bieber
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #153 (permalink)
ameebamee
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor Attitude
Whats the name of that 70s teen star that was shirtless on the cover of Rolling Stone? Then inside he talked about how much he hated fame, ****ed some random girls and did some coke? His career shriveled up the way he wanted it to.
David Cassidy?

I never knew who he was before Radio Disney started playing him (don't judge!), and some of you mentioned his YouTube channel- I just listened to a couple clips. Okay, he's talented. I don't mind his songs on the radio- some are kind of catchy- but he does nothing for me, just pleasant background music, really. I wonder if they'll ever have him playing instruments, or just dancing...? I mean, if he's that musically inclined, it's almost a waste to not let him play, unless Justin doesn't want to...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
EVERY town has one of 'those' kids with oodles of untapped talent. yet most of the time no one (including the individual) makes realistic steps towards exploiting that talent, and that's really what needs to be done - exploitation of talent.
I think that that's actually a really good point. Justin made himself a YouTube channel years ago, and so he slowly but surely made a name for himself online, and then got signed. Good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla
People need to stop acting like they are better than others because they don't like mainstream music.
Thank you. I love pop music, and it's so easy for people to rag on it...just enjoy what you enjoy, and let others enjoy what they enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDietrich
My thoughts on Justin Beiber? Well he looks much younger than he is, and he's not a very good looking boy anyway so I don't see the big thing. But let the tweens enjoy his music -
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDietrich
I'd say he's better than The Backstreet Boys at least.
...but I totally disagree. I don't know any Bieber songs besides a few of his singles, and BSB is one of my favorites, but I don't see a comparison, but I'm biased...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfest
Scenes of devastation when those girls found out show was cancelled.
I don't have time to read the article now, but someone read me one about it yesterday, and I mean, it sucks that it got canceled, what with the fans already being there and all... *shrug*