Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #6017 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
Speaking of ****ing awful sequels...
I actually enjoyed the second one, maybe more than the first. It had some crazy action scenes and a lot of great gags. I was ticked off by the cliffhanger ending though.

The third film made absolutely no f*cking sense, I couldn't follow it all and it was just a big noisy mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
^I found it a bit boring actually. Despite the praise for his acting, I didn't think Daniel Day-Lewis' character seemed like a real person at all .. The accent, demeanor and other things which didn't stick too deep seemed a little over the top to me at times.
He was over the top, but that made it a more compelling performance for me. Some actors can make overracting a good thing, I think DDL is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace87 View Post
really? i thought the premise was really cool but after the first half hour or so it morphed into this mediocre action flick with a hero i didnt like.
Really? The movie was a great mismatch of sci fi conventions, resulting in something quite new. As an action film it was really tense, the story was very well done, much so that you actually start to care about these mutant shrimp people.

And I thought the protagonist was awesome, certainly not your typical sci fi action hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Really good? Try masterpiece.
American Beauty is essentially my favorite film.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-28-2010 at 09:45 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote