Music Banter - View Single Post - Good-bye.
Thread: Good-bye.
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #59 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with making departure threads. Otherwise I would've wondered where he went, obviously this online community means a lot of some people.
I don't see anything wrong with making a departure thread either, ESPECIALLY if it concerns a long-standing member. Newbies come and go without much notice, but for somebody who posts regularly I think it's necessary to at least say something so no one wonders what happened to them. This is standard etiquette on two other forums that I post on - we care about the well-being of our members and there is cause for concern if a regular member just vanishes without a trace. I really don't think there is any ego-stroking warranted by saying goodbye either - this is just as if one is leaving someplace and saying bye to whoever they were with. It's called having good manners.

I think lucifer_sam has decided that the forum is not a priority in his life anymore, and has stated that in his original post. He's also saying "hey, don't worry about me, I'm just letting you all know that I'm leaving for a period of time". I know that he's had squabbles with other members in the past and he's probably just decided that he's had enough of this for a while.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote