Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #1947 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Funny enough, that's how I feel about the non-Barlow Sebadoh tracks. Lou's songs are the more serious ones, and are definitely not sh*tty for the sake of sh*ttiness.
He's a good bass player and thus it's nice to see him back in Dinosaur Jr again, but I don't really like Barlow as a songwriter.

Lose and Poledo are easily the worst songs from You're Living all over Me, they're pretty terrible songs that hurt an otherwise great album.

Quote:
It's decent. Just played "A Punchup at a Wedding" too and it's also decent. I'm just not a fan of HttT, personally. And it has nothing to do with it being less electronic than the previous two albums. I just don't like most of the songs, and the album overall feels weak. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it will grow on me over time, but each time I try, it just seems to drag.
Oddly enough Punchup at a Wedding is the one song from the album I'm not too crazy about.

I don't think it's any less consistant than the other post PH Radiohead albums, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Dinosaur Jr went downhill massively when Barlow left. You only have to listen to Green Mind or Where You Been and compare it to You're Living All Over Me or Bug. It's like listening to a different band. I don't really have an opinion on Lo-fi, only to say it sound really fucking stupid when a typical 'hyped band of the month' goes into an expensive state of the art major label backed studio and then try to make it sound Lo-fi because that's what's being hyped this week.
I thought Green Mind was decent but I agree that they started going downhill around that point.

I dunno if that's really because of Barlow's departure or just because Mascis started running out of material, I think it's the latter. There's nothing about Sebadoh that convinces me that Barlow is a particularly talented songwriter, I just don't get his appeal.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-28-2010 at 12:05 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote