Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #1948 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Jet are from Australia.

Anyway, the only british bands around right now I particularly like are Radiohead, Porcupine Tree, Muse, Ozric Tentacles, a few other prog bands. Though things have been rough for Muse lately.

Coldplay are decent.
So Oasis can't influence people from Australia? Or am I missing something? Things have been rough for poor Muse

Quote:
Regardless, he really thought he was the sh*t, it's one thing to be arrogant, it's another to just write off your peers, especially the ones like Blur and Suede who were actually good.
The thing is though, he didn't just come out (most of the time) and drag a load of people through the press. Interviewers would ask him a question to get news, simple as that. If they didn't ask what Oasis thought of Keane, he wouldn't tell them. Damon actually started the feud between Oasis and Blur, there was a gig in Manchester, Oasis gig and Blur gig were close. And they agreed to call off both gigs incase of trouble and Oasis called theirs off and Blur carried on anyway. Damon started the feud. I'd rather Noel come out and say Damon - I don't like you, you're a prick and your music is shit. Than play nicey nicey, he had something to say... and he said it. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Self indulgent drum solos?

I can't even think of a time he's ever done a drum solo, at least with Genesis. What are you talking about?

He's a very skilled drummer but also a very reserved one, he doesn't really show off except maybe at a live show every now and then. How is he at all self indulgent?
I don't know whether he does drum solos with Genesis I just know he has done them live. There's no place for shit drum solos, even live. But that's just my personal thing, can't stand drum solos.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote