Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #1957 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Yeah, I really like Blur. But to say Noel is a prick for slagging off bands that are better than his is ridiculous. Oasis were lads from the north of England that liked drinking, liked football, liked women and liked drugs. They were from a council estate, if someone like Albarn who people from round here would look at and think they were a southern soft lad pansy started something.. You'd quite happily oblige by telling them exactly what you thought. Nothing wrong with being young and being caught up in your own hype and feeling like you have the right to speak your mind, even though in years to come you'll regret it. It doesn't make you a priick. It makes you a kid from a council estate that just earned a million pounds in royalties from an album you made and you're on top of the world.
Maybe I just hold a grudge because I think Oasis are an awful band and thus don't have the right to slag off anybody really.

Quote:
Nope, not 'avin it. Drums are there to keep the rhythm, and nothing else.
That is just ridiculously closedminded. Drums have many uses beyond rhythm. Such as build up, tying sections together, and so on.

Applying rules to music, especially rock music, it's very stupid. Some rock bands like to bend the roles the way a jazz band bends the rules. If you only want to listen to 2 minute 4/4, three chord rock songs that don't amount to anything ambitious or adventurous that's fine but don't hold it against musicians because they're not ashamed of their abillities.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote