Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #1958 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Maybe I just hold a grudge because I think Oasis are an awful band and thus don't have the right to slag off anybody really.
Biggest band in England from 94 to 97 has the right to slag anyone they want off. Better than being sly little fuckers, just come out and say what's on your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
That is just ridiculously closedminded.

Applying rules to music, especially rock music, it's very stupid. Some rock bands like to bend the roles the way a jazz band bends the rules. If you only want to listen to 2 minute 4/4, three chord rock songs that don't amount to anything ambitious or adventurous that's fine but don't hold it against musicians because they're not ashamed of their abillities.
I just don't think there's a need for it, drum solos are just shit. Even some of the best drummers didn't feel the need to do them. You can be a good drummer without going overboard, same applies to people like Hendrix.. but apparently you can't say bad things about Hendrix because he's a God. And they have a point. I just have an issue with drum solos, I really don't like listening to them.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote