Music Banter - View Single Post - Our new moderators
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

First of all, thank you guys for all the congrats!
Secondly, I want to thank the mods for their votes of confidence in their selections.

Lastly, but not leastly (I'm pretty sure that isn't even a word) I want to say to the members of this board regarding my general moderation style so you'll know what to expect (or not expect) from me.
My first and foremost loyalty is to the community FIRST. If there's one thing I've learned from previous experience as a moderator, it's that if you end up only fighting for yourself or your faction within the leadership, the community always suffers in some way. I believe that decisions should be made in the best interests of the community as a whole, and that's what I'll fight for.
This also means that I don't treat individual people differently in most matters actually requiring moderation, and it also means that if any of you catch me doing something un-mod-like, I'd expect and welcome you as members to privately correct me. While I'll try my best not to let it get that far, I want it to be known that I believe that leadership is only as effective as it's perceived to be, and since the community are the main ones perceiving the leadership and being affected by it, I welcome input from the community because it lets me know how I'm doing my job.

Other than that, I'm the same Freebase Dali.. just blue and with the ability to maintain the welfare of the community.
I look forward to being able to contribute to that along side the other mods and also the rest of you who contribute to everything else.