Music Banter - View Single Post - A rant about guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Boo boo how dare you say that! I am with sam here... they are completely different instruments that require different techniques/ talents. I didn't fail at guitar but I decided to pick up the bass anyway and it was a challenge but is now my favourite instrument to play out of the many I have... or maybe I just say that to make myself feel better.
I'm not really insulting bass players, it's just a joke.

Personally I think bass players get way too much sh*t from people. I hate the bullsh*t mentality of "the bass player is doing something wrong, I can hear him".

One thing that bores me with so much modern music is how predictable it is, the guitar is the star and there's not as many stand out musicians in the rhythm department because when drummers and bassists really try to get involved in the music, it's considered wankery, just sh*t the f*ck up and do your f*cking job or I'll cut your f*cking d*ck off and shove it down your throat, that's the modern day rock band mentality. It's rather fascist.

Woody Guthrie was full of sh*t, the guitar creates fascists.

"Ensemble" bands don't really exist anymore, it's all about the singer and guitarist, nobody gives a f*ck about the rhythm section.

Also bass playing chicks <3

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote