Music Banter - View Single Post - Who are your favourite actors and why?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #96 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBreath View Post
Michael Cera, he may not really be acting but I adore that awkwardness that he has. In interviews it seems like he's that awkward all the time.

Johnny Depp, can have completely different roles and act so well!

My fave man in comedy has got to be Adam Sandler. I like everything I've seen him in.
I know 3 or 4 people who went to high school with Michael Cera and I met him once in a mall years ago, before he was famous. I think he was promoting a local theatre production or something. He's very soft spoken and really nice. Cera was really good in Juno. He's done pretty well for an awkward kid from Brampton, Ontario!

As for Johnny Depp: I don't get the appeal of Johnny Depp at all. He's not that great looking - he always looks really skinny and unhealthy to me. He also picks the same type of role over and over again. Shows that he is either not a versatile actor or he doesn't know how to play any other role well. He was good in Edward Scissorhands though. I really enjoyed that film!

And Adam Sandler: I think he picks roles that make him look immature. The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates were okay, but that's it. I think he would be better doing stand-up.

My favourite comedy actor is Ben Stiller:

I love his films. I love the slight neuroses and the awkwardness of most of the characters he plays. Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, Zoolander, and (my personal favourite) There's Something About Mary are all good, solid comedies. He's a versatile actor as well, starring in more dramatic roles in movies like Permanent Midnight and Reality Bites. Stiller also directs! Reality Bites was his directorial debut, followed by The Cable Guy (with Jim Carrey - not the greatest of movies), and of course there was Zoolander and then the epic Tropic Thunder (also featuring my all time favourite actor Tom Cruise). I'm looking forward to seeing Greenberg - Stiller's new drama film directed by Noah Baumbach. I'm also looking forward to pontential future projects.

Last edited by Burning Down; 04-28-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote