Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #386 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
Great and thank you so much!

Well you see, my sexy Oldsmobile had a cassette player and Walmart had one of those adaptors that looked like a cassette that you just put in and plug your ipod to the other end. Worked great. That car broke down and I have a different car now with a cd player. cd player is pretty old and I've searched everywhere for a plug in place and it just doesn't have one anywhere. Is there anyway I could still rig something up with the cd player or cigarrette lighter thing that would play my ipod, or am I just going to have to tough it out and burn a bunch of cds again?
I seem to remember a device my little sister used to use that transmitted, from the iPOD, a radio frequency that she was able to tune into on the CD Player and play through her stereo system that way.
Regardless of whether the stereo is a Cassette or a CD player, if it has AM/FM radio capabilities, it's able to operate in the radio frequencies. I think you'll be able to find such a device with a well-placed Google search, but if you can't, then let me know and I'll see if I can find one for you.

I recommend searching the Apple store first, as you'll probably find it easier there. If not, other companies might make the same thing. I just don't remember the name of the actual adapter. It's basically an RF transmitter. Costs about 30 dollars or so if I can remember correctly.