Music Banter - View Single Post - Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #54 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig3killedmyraindog View Post
i was pissed when i saw this. America doesn't hate mexican's, we hate arizonians.

(who incidentally may be mexican's)

edit: to be honest, this law is going to rat-**** the republican party in 2010 elections. 4 states currently have a majority-minority population; california, arizona, new mexico, and texas. The lation vote has been sleepy, disinterested, flying below the radar. But this law basically says "hey we're going to harass the holy **** out of you at best."

the only state capable of surviving is texas, who has a savvy governor and a policy-not-party system working down there. The other three states, which stood to be big republican wins are going to get crushed, and i think for at least the next 10 years, republicans will have to outright court the latino vote, even if this means excising some of the hard-liners.
o rly? Also, in Arizona the law is said to be in favor by it's citizens 3 to 1.

Quote:
Fifty three percent of likely Arizona voters are concerned that the state's tough new law targeting illegal immigrants will also be used to violate the civil rights of United States citizens.

The majority of them support it anyway.
(From http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blo...eRoberts/79298)

Not saying you're wrong, but it's not that simple. This bill is really just a result of public outcry. I'm not saying that's how bills should/can be made, but to say that it will crush their vote because of it isn't all that true. Besides, the Hispanic vote has never been heavy Republican.

Last edited by IamAlejo; 04-29-2010 at 09:24 AM.
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote