Music Banter - View Single Post - The Black Keys
Thread: The Black Keys
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #153 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

I think I posted this somewhere else as well, but this quote is keeping me inspired. From Mark O'Neill, producer of Brothers:

"Everything that you’ve read so far about this album, about it being heavy and dark, their best record yet, that’s not spin, that’s not jive, those were honest assessments from people who were involved. If I have any clout in all of this, which I hope I do after making really good records for a long time, I really do believe The Black Keys are unique in their being brave enough to make a record that is this emotionally raw. I will say emotionally raw, sonically it’s no more raw than ‘Keep It Hid’.

This record can be summed up very very easily: they are more emotionally raw than they’ve ever been captured. Don’t think as a record producer I didn’t notice that that didn’t scare the crap out of everybody involved [laughs]. Everybody involved is still like ‘Oh my gosh!’ Because it is that good, it is a good record. Maybe people will listen to it and say ‘Oh, I don’t know, I think Chulahoma is just as good’"

Summary: It should be dark, and excellent.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote