Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #3971 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
GREAT band!!! Awesome album choices by said band too!!! I loved this band since my twelfth birthday and i still can't stop lovin' 'em! You're right about the absolute ton of character there is in the music / vocals / lyrics... they were a really tightly knit unit that really knew how to play to their strengths and make an album great. They never really released anything substandard in their entire career.
Amen to that. Along with the Celibate Rifles, the Triffids and the Church, they're probably my favourite product of that whole garage rock scene in Australia in the late 70s/early 80s (although I'm not really 100% sure the Church were from that same scene though). Agreed on how they have literally no bad albums as well - one or two of them don't interest me so much, but otherwise even the last album they ever recorded is worth having. Bit of a shame how Garrett pulled the plug and went on to make a mockery of everything the Oils stood for in politics, but I guess all good things come to an end eh.

As for what I'm digging today...

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

My new favourite Dylan album (although I'll probably start saying Time Out Of Mind again this time tomorrow). Among the first bona fide country rock albums, and definitely among the best too (I Threw It All Away ). If only it weren't so bloody short.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote