Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #3975 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

Bit of a shame how Garrett pulled the plug and went on to make a mockery of everything the Oils stood for in politics, but I guess all good things come to an end eh.

I'm still kinda mad with Garrett over that... while i can't deny anyone the right to get older and shift their values, it's so hard to watch and read about him working for the Government he once vehemently fought against on so many pressing, concerning issues... I know that sometimes he sincerely must not believe what his party spits out, and sometimes it's hard to watch your childhood / teenage hero toe the party line. Perhaps he has a bigger picture / scheme / idea in mind? Perhaps he now wants to try to change everything from the inside - i'll admit that with my disappointment comes some sort of faith in him still... he seems to sincere a man to just sell out for power.