Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #3983 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
I'm still kinda mad with Garrett over that... while i can't deny anyone the right to get older and shift their values, it's so hard to watch and read about him working for the Government he once vehemently fought against on so many pressing, concerning issues... I know that sometimes he sincerely must not believe what his party spits out, and sometimes it's hard to watch your childhood / teenage hero toe the party line. Perhaps he has a bigger picture / scheme / idea in mind? Perhaps he now wants to try to change everything from the inside - i'll admit that with my disappointment comes some sort of faith in him still... he seems to sincere a man to just sell out for power.
Yeah, I kinda hope that's the case as well. It could very well be a question of him simply having his hands tied on the issues, and that the only one with any real power as such is the PM himself. Could also be that all kinds of crazy stuff gets done in his name only, seeing as Garrett's in the lofty position he's in and all that. Of course, I don't live in Australia, so I wouldn't know as well as a lot of other people do, but I highly doubt he'd have spent so long singing about the kinds of things he did if he really didn't care about them. It is pretty painful though hearing what he's had to say about his approving the opening of uranium mines and pulp mills though, I'll admit that much. I guess there's only one man who knows exactly what's going on when all's said and done.

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming

The first of what would be many of Dylan's Christian-themed albums. It's all very nice his standing up for his beliefs in musical form and all that, but bloody hell does it sound corny. Musically though, this is a pretty good album.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote