Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #220 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Wow, I wasn't quite expecting my list to cause such disruption. I'll explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Poison the Well? Really?
I can't imagine why you would group them with the likes of some of those horrid bands. PLease elaborate on why they are on this list.
And what exactly have you heard from Underoath? Cries of The Past is an excellent progressive metal album.
I saw Poison the Well in 2005. And by saw them, I mean fell asleep in the bleachers and waited for GWAR to come on. Everything I've heard from them, in my opinion, sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I was gonna say I agree with this list but then I saw this.
WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF
I don't like the New York Dolls. I just don't like them. I understand what they did, but their music was bad, and the whole androgynous thing is just annoying to me. "We're guys who look like chicks. We're shocking!" I understand that they were really the first to take it as far as they did, but I'm just not a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james44754 View Post
Cryptopsy
seconded

That being said, I think there are few bands that I was reminded of that deserve recognition.

Green Day
No Doubt
Avenged Sevenfold
U2

I'll explain forthwith.
If you win a Grammy, that doesn't mean you're good. If you sell 1,000,000 records, that doesn't mean you're good either. It just means that you played by industry standards and sold yourself well, because people will fuckin' buy anything. Also, if you drop one good album or have a few good songs, but the rest of your repertoire is mindless dreck, guess what? You fuckin' suck!

Last edited by ElephantSack; 04-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote