Music Banter - View Single Post - Introduce yourself..
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

My favourite album is Black Market Music by Placebo. Pretty much because of how dark and raw this album is, how the lyrics are portrayed and just how Molko is pretty much "cutting open a vein and letting it bleed for you" (these are his own words, and I agree whole heartedly no matter how emo that seems). I got into Placebo just as I was going through a fairly rough patch myself, and every song on this album just clicked with me and the lyrics made me feel different about myself and people around me. This band in general changed things for me and put things into a different perspective.

My favourite lyric is "like the naked leads the blind, I know I'm selfish I'm unkind, sucker love I always find someone to bruise and leave behind". I just love how hard hitting and raw these lyrics are, and when Molko sings them you can hear the pain in his voice.

My first gig was Franz Ferdinand supported by Editors and The Rakes at the MEN arena in 2005. Although I'd been to festivals before this. If we're including festivals then it's Leeds 04.. I saw Green Day, 50 Cent, The Rasmus (lol), New Found Glory, The Streets, Thrice, The Stills and a couple of other bands.

The book that changed me is a hard one to answer. I've read books and enjoyed them, but I wouldn't say any have ever changed me. I love Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger, Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs, everything Roald Dahl has ever touched, and Stephen Fry's The Liar though.

My favourite painting is probably this piece by Francis Bacon http://www.gaitainteriors.com/blog/w...s-bacon-11.jpg

My style icon is another hard one, I dont think I actually have a style icon.

My favourite place is probably Glastonbury. It really is one of the most breathtaking places I've ever visited, so much beauty. See here: Glastonbury 2009 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

My favourite album artwork is probably Dinosaur Jr.'s Farm, I just love it. and it reminds me of the BFG http://awkwardworld.files.wordpress....r-jr-farm1.jpg

My idol is probably Elliott Smith. Its hard for people to comprehend why I idolise someone as depressed and generally down as Elliott, but it's just how much of an effect his voice and lyrics had on people and the effect they're still having 6 and a half years after his death. I know that can be said for a lot of artists, but I just connect with Elliott a lot and am eternally grateful for his music. Brian Molko is pretty much contender for my idol too.

My alter ego is Tom Green. Well, I wish it was.

Last edited by downwardspiral; 09-17-2010 at 06:51 AM.
downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote