Music Banter - View Single Post - Introduce yourself..
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

So sorta a static version of the Saturday 6-Pack, yea?
I'll bite.

My favourite album:
Propagandhi - How To Clean Everything. I first heard it around 95' or so and it meant everything, ideologically, to me. Plus I loved the music. It's what really got me into political Punk.

My favourite lyric:
"In a city of garbage trying to reap the harvest
Adaptation is the trap in which the artist meets the forest
Swing you're little axe, or be an oak tree if you can
Either way, adapt to circumstance or play your final hand" - Aesop Rock (Song: Garbage, Album: Float)

My first gig:
Played or seen? Played: Local Battle Of The Bands, circa 94'. Did not win.
Seen: Buck O' Nine in New Orleans, circa 95/96-ish'... not counting local acts at fairs and all that.

The book that changed me:
Kind of a hard question. I used to read a lot of Koontz fiction when I was younger and it was never more than entertainment, but my first Chuck Palahniuk book "Survivor" really broadened my perspective of what fiction writing could effectively be. After that, I could never read regular fiction novels without thinking the writer wasn't being gritty enough. So I guess that qualifies as a book having changed me.

My favourite painting:
Salvador Dali's "Soft Construction With Boiled Beans - Premonition Of Civil War", 1936.

My style icon:
Uh... what?

My favourite place:
Romania.

My favourite album artwork:
Any Tool album artwork.

My idol:
This is another hard question for me to answer. I don't really have idols anymore. I did when I was a kid, but not so much now. I have things I strive to be and things I strive to accomplish, but my goals are far too spread to somehow all have been accomplished by a single person that I know of. I just idolize the desire to try and accomplish as many of them as I can in my lifetime.

My alter ego:
Drunk me.

Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote