Music Banter - View Single Post - Miley Cyrus
Thread: Miley Cyrus
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #281 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
That's my point, we all know she makes "music" for kids and people are going on, and on, and on about how shallow her songs are, it's pointless. I'm just annoyed that someone can't muster the brainpower to conjure up a post that would be worth reading instead of "I find her annoying".

I used to listen to the Spice Girls when I was a wee bugger, so I know when you're around that age you really don't know much about music.
Hey! I listened to the Spice Girls when I was 25!! Are you dissin' the Spice Girls?!

Of course, it was only on the radio, and it was their one big famous song, and I was stuck in a lab all day and night, so anything was better than nothing...but I did listen to them. AND sing along.

But back to Miley. I don't mind Miley's music because it is intended for young teens, like you wrote, and I think she's trying to be a role model (or was). Many kids really looked up to her. I know, because I watched her 3D performance movie with cheapo 3D glasses that didn't really work, checked out from the library. This is what happens when you have a child: you end up watching Miley Cyrus movies. The kids in the movie were just going wild over her!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote