Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #5388 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
The only downside to that is if you miss using it during the early stages of a migraine it does not work. they are currently testing a migraine inhaler, much like one that was developed years ago, but has been upgraded via technology and can supposedly be used anytime during the experience, and works in a matter of minutes. I would love to get down on it, as I suffer from migraines as well. I do not get them often, maybe 6 a year, but they are incredibly debilitating and all I want to do is die during that time, or at least curl up into a ball and cry. The worst part is, it is much less painful when im sitting up, so sleeping is a biotch.
That sucks so bad I'm exactly the same though, lying down makes it worse! I have to sit up when I have one. I wonder why. But yes, they are horrible. The nausea and the vomiting is the worst part for me. The Immigran nasal spray usually works for me because I always get a visual aura when I get a migraine, I'm sure other migraine sufferers know what I'm talking about. So as soon as I get the visual disturbances, I spray. I usually carry one around with me everywhere. Will be interesting to see what this inhaler will turn out like!

My doctor also put me on anti-depressants which help as a preventative. I'm not sure how, I think it has something to do with hormones - migraines are more common in women than men and usually it has something to do with hormonal imbalances or something.

But anyone who also suffers from them, I feel your pain! They are so incredibly horrible.