Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #584 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
WTF

I thought you were the big Floyd fan?

I don't see how DSOTM is "the beggining of the end", before this they made awful crap like Ummagumma and just ok albums like AHM and More, after it they made WYWH, Animals and The Wall, seriously WTF. How is that the beginning of the end? Just because they embraced a polished production style?

DSOTM is still their best album IMO, it might lack the organic element of Piper and Meddle or the very underrated Obscured by Clouds, all of those albums have some filler or less than steller parts though, DSOTM doesn't, musically it's their tightest effort.

I still like Money, it's overplayed, but I don't know how you could find it "boring as hell", it's only 6 minutes, has a great bassline, an interesting rhythm and some awesome guitar and sax solos. If you can endure big epics like Echoes, SOYCD and Dogs I don't know how that would bore you.

It's the tightest and most to the point album Floyd ever did (and still my favorite album probably), I don't know how you could find it boring unless you were bored by Floyd in general.
Money is boring as hell, and couldn't suck a fart from the ass of Echos, Dogs, or especially SOYCD. I don't hate DSOTM, I just find it immensely overrated and think that Money completely dispupts the concept and cohesiveness of the album. I would love the album a thousand times more if it weren't for that godawful song. Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Meddle are all stronger more cohesive albums than Dark Side of the Moon will ever be.

Jackhammer: The status that DSOTM has as being the greatest album of all time has more to do with the recording quality itself than the quality of the music. It's really just a recording engineer's wet dream.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote