Music Banter - View Single Post - P A N droppin' his links...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

i'm happy that you've taken meaning from what i've written. i must be honest though and say that the meaning you've found is yours. i write lyrics with the intent of supplying the listener or reader with just enough "triggers" that allow for their own imaginations to take the reins when it comes to the produced "meaning." for the most part, i'd rather not talk about what it means to me, because i think having an experience with music doesn't have anything to do with interviewing musicians, and for me to supply the listener with "answers" is not achieving my goal of provoking thought.

all of this is of course not to say that you've failed or misinterpreted the meaning which is in this song. it is what it is, and aside from the fact that your meaning is very similar to mine, there are no right or wrong perspectives, nor can all perspectives be verbatim duplicates of those of the medium through which music comes.

"...how your songs, like this one, often have a solid underlayer of repetition. I think you use just several chords in this song, repeating them again and again! This gives the chantlike feel. Yet you are very spontaneous with your placement of syllables."

the chant-like feel of a lot of my music probably derives from something meditative... i don't know how else to describe it. in the future, with a little more experience i would like to achieve more peaks and valleys within the same sort of meditative apparatus. not sure how i'm going to achieve that quite yet, but i'm working on it. this should help with the "forward, monotonous feeling" you're experiencing, which is a point that i'm quite with you on.

as for "Oh Yeah," i got my hands on a really great orchestral VST instrument and that track is the result of my first couple of days with it. i'm rather fond of the idea of using that music or music like it inside a more whole concept, but i also find the task and time involved a rather daunting exploit. perhaps when i can afford to not work as a slave to the dollar i will pursue such a venture.

i'm gonna leave this one with some more lyrics, to the song on youtube entitled Spiral Caught:

eon-long blinkspan
dream-tongue speakfree
tree-climbin' paradise-liner
grappling the step-up block...
...flight at fingertips.
CAPOOM!
POW!
up & awaytops
bottom-drops & roundabouts
but not stops
for those caught in orbits
hopping & pining in concert-shots.
protectoreferee man
sector off & filigree sandlines
in a byzantine & labrynthine
gleamer of possibilities
as Hold is here now
on the illimitable totality
of a jester
gone madman
gone lostman
gone
not-quite-yet-foundman
uprooted from the earth
and gone what way zooming
while the weaver's out brooming
the doom
from Trajectory's brand new bloom-thing.
Do You Know How Fast We're Going?
Super-faster than your last guess could probably have ever been...
and on six different lines at that
so effectively a gyroscope
without the tiniest little hope
of ever going in a straight line.
forward thinker reassemble reassess direction
when dancing and dining with an infinitely gliding
spiral-caught wandernaut thought of as a
castlebuilder.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote