Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #2607 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
To avoid derailing that top 5 thread, I've moved this discussion here.

Anyways, to respond to your other post, Freebase, I think we should specify what we both mean by "losing control". I've done psychedelics before that caused me to act in ways that I normally wouldn't, but I still had that conscious voice in the back of my head that knew it wasn't something I would normally do. And it was always enough to prevent me from tearing open someone's chest.

Now, about what I said about not being able to recall the experience. To give an example, I've known people who try salvia, freak out, and do the most ridiculous stuff. When they come to, they don't remember any of it. All they remember of the experience is that the world started to feel weird, then nothing but panic and after that us talking to them telling them it was ok.

I just don't think the total loss of all rational thought would result in any self realization or learning. But now I'm actually very curious about the effects of PCP, so I'm gonna do a bit of research tonight.
Well, I've done Salvia. A lot. 20x in particular. Bought 6 grams of it when I was in the Army living in Germany. Some of your actions may be hard to remember, but I don't think it's near the same drug as PCP. Nor have I ever heard of someone killing and mutilating someone else's body while on Salvia.
Mostly, Salvia experiences are hard to articulate. I remember a majority of my trips... they're just VERY hard to explain. They're an inner experience far more than an outer one. The user is usually helpless during the 3 or 4 minutes he/she is out of control. (Thus the usefulness of a sitter)

As far as being 'out of control' on other psychedelics... I've had plenty experiences with far too much acid, and shrooms to the point where I didn't even remember my own name or who I was as a human being. And several experiences where I literally thought I was having a lucid dream and that my actions wouldn't matter in reality. Thankfully I had good friends there to stop me otherwise I probably wouldn't be here today.
I remember every detail of those experiences. And I was completely out of control. And I learned more about myself in those times than I have in any other.

I refuse to accept some standard formula to spread like a blanket over human experience just because we heard it from someone else. To me, that's you letting someone make decisions for you. I don't like that. Thus, I experience.
In my perspective, you only get a single span of time in which to do that.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote