Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #2609 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Well, I've done Salvia. A lot. 20x in particular. Bought 6 grams of it when I was in the Army living in Germany. Some of your actions may be hard to remember, but I don't think it's near the same drug as PCP. Nor have I ever heard of someone killing and mutilating someone else's body while on Salvia.
Mostly, Salvia experiences are hard to articulate. I remember a majority of my trips... they're just VERY hard to explain. They're an inner experience far more than an outer one. The user is usually helpless during the 3 or 4 minutes he/she is out of control. (Thus the usefulness of a sitter)
I wasn't saying that you could go out of control and kill someone on salvia. I've done salvia far more than any other psychedelic...as strong as I could find it, too. I was simply using it as an example of how someone could freak out, lose control, and then not remember it in the the end.

Quote:
As far as being 'out of control' on other psychedelics... I've had plenty experiences with far too much acid, and shrooms to the point where I didn't even remember my own name or who I was as a human being. And several experiences where I literally thought I was having a lucid dream and that my actions wouldn't matter in reality. Thankfully I had good friends there to stop me otherwise I probably wouldn't be here today.
I remember every detail of those experiences. And I was completely out of control. And I learned more about myself in those times than I have in any other.
I can totally understand what you are saying here. However, different drugs produce different effects. From the sound of it, PCP is a whole other level. I don't pretend to have any clue what happens when you are on it, but like I said...I'd rather have enough control to know I won't potentially kill someone.

Quote:
I refuse to accept some standard formula to spread like a blanket over human experience just because we heard it from someone else. To me, that's you letting someone make decisions for you. I don't like that. Thus, I experience.
In my perspective, you only get a single span of time in which to do that.
Well, I wouldn't stop you from trying PCP if you really wanted to. In fact, if I had a friend who wanted to and wanted me to sit for them, I would help them out. I would also make sure I had some way to restrain them. I just think there is a clear difference between allowing someone else's description of an experience make up your mind and ignoring the fact that PCP could be a very dangerous drug. I liken it to hearing that rat poison is found to produce some kind of intense psychedelic trip. Would I be curious? Sure. Would I try it? No...there is just too much risk involved. In that case, I would take someone else's word for it and wait for a different...safer...drug to come my way.