Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #2610 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I wasn't saying that you could go out of control and kill someone on salvia. I've done salvia far more than any other psychedelic...as strong as I could find it, too. I was simply using it as an example of how someone could freak out, lose control, and then not remember it in the the end.

I can totally understand what you are saying here. However, different drugs produce different effects. From the sound of it, PCP is a whole other level. I don't pretend to have any clue what happens when you are on it, but like I said...I'd rather have enough control to know I won't potentially kill someone.

Well, I wouldn't stop you from trying PCP if you really wanted to. In fact, if I had a friend who wanted to and wanted me to sit for them, I would help them out. I would also make sure I had some way to restrain them. I just think there is a clear difference between allowing someone else's description of an experience make up your mind and ignoring the fact that PCP could be a very dangerous drug. I liken it to hearing that rat poison is found to produce some kind of intense psychedelic trip. Would I be curious? Sure. Would I try it? No...there is just too much risk involved. In that case, I would take someone else's word for it and wait for a different...safer...drug to come my way.
I wonder how many good trips people have had on PCP. I bet you haven't heard about any. And not because they don't exist either....

Either way, it's an interesting thing. I won't build a brick wall between me and it, nor me and any other thing until I actually know about it. That's my whole point. I just think people should be encouraged to be curious, even if they don't take it to the level of experience. At least give things two streets instead of one.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote