Music Banter - View Single Post - The Black Keys
Thread: The Black Keys
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #158 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

Thanks for the heads up +81... Didn't even think to check for the whole album leak!

So far, not really moved by the new stuff- at all. They still have a good sound, it's just not the sound that drew me into them in the first place.

They've now completely removed themselves from the power and energy that defined their previous work. It's more soul, and just way too mellow and tame for my liking. For the first time in my life listening to one of their records I found myself wanting to skip track after track after track...

I like the first three songs "Everlasting Light", "Next Girl", and "Tighten Up". "Howlin' For You" is borderline at this point; it definitely seems like it will grow on me over time. "Black Mud" is good, but it's just a 2 minute instrumental bridge. "Sinister Kid" stands out towards the rear. Everything else I rated 3 stars- which in my book means it doesn't suck, but I will skip it 90% of the time.

This is seriously a sad day I might not even buy this album This is quite literally depressing, pourmeanother saaaad panda
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by pourmeanother; 05-04-2010 at 12:11 AM.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote