Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Guitar Brand?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #122 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i agree with everything else you said but...

only a fool would buy a strat for the bridge as is, and as it is, it's really easy to block which improves stability and overall bridge strength. anyone who wants to seriously whammy on a strat (and do more than sound like a detuned Hendrix) should get a bridge made for it.

in over 15 years of owning a strat i've never once had the cable come out of the jack or found it inconvenient in anyway shape or form. then again i feed my cable around the strap peg. it results in the cable running down beside your leg instead of in front of it and in the odd case you do actually step on it, running the cable over the strap peg means it's pulling in a different direction and just eating up the slack leading to the input.

also can't agree on the design being ridiculous considering pretty much every other guitar model on the market rips it off. what else would you make it look like?
by 'design' i mean 'All of the previous points summed up to say this', not 'Shape'

And you should know that popular doesn't mean 'good'

The jack socket? Well look where the socket is on my S series. much better. or just side jacks. Less routing, simpler routing, more reliable and easier to tighten if they loosen.

As for the bridge- your argument is basically 'The bridge sucks but everyone should know that therefore its not a flaw, also you can modify it easily to fix it' - It shouldn't need fixing. And its not a 'vintage trem system' thing either. Wilkinson and most 2 point vintage tremolo manufacturers make much better bridges than the 6 screw fender POS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote