Music Banter - View Single Post - Galaxie 500
Thread: Galaxie 500
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
I didn't listen to this band for years and when I did it was only to "This Is Our Music". I remember that it wasn't very easy for me to get into it, but in the end I really loved it. Contrary to the poster above, the voice and the singing style were a hooking point for me and the elements of music fell in their place later (generally it's the other way around). Now that I'm reminded, I've got to renew my love for them.
Yeah i definitely grew to love Dean's voice since i first heard it, it sounds unique and has a real raw feeling of emotion in it. His voice suits the pain and loneliness of his lyrics perfectly.

This Is Our Music is my second favourite album. It's not as immediate as On Fire but you really grow to love songs like 'Fourth Of July, 'Spook' and their cover of 'Listen, The Snow Is Falling'. The extended instrumental section at the end of the latter is incredible, the actual song itself seduces you and draws you right in and then the instrumental section blows your mind. Probably the highlight of the album for me.