Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #13225 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
What??? You had corrective training at a damn public school? Reminds me of the military. Once, I didn't iron and starch my uniform WHILE ON A DEPLOYMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT and my supervisor made me come to work in a different uniform (including MOPP4) on the hour, every hour, for 2 days. Yes, even during sleepy time.

I could expect crap like that in the military, but that's overboard for a public school. I would have been up in arms.
I went to a pretty gangster high school, and my last two years we had a lot of changes to improve the quality of the school, including a pretty extreme change in staff. By senior year we actually had to wear a lanyard with our ID on it at all times.

I had to do that too in the military. There was a name for it, like a fashion show or something. I was at a training command at the time, so it was unreasonably reasonable, but on deployment in absolute insanity.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote