Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #13226 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I went to a pretty gangster high school, and my last two years we had a lot of changes to improve the quality of the school, including a pretty extreme change in staff. By senior year we actually had to wear a lanyard with our ID on it at all times.

I had to do that too in the military. There was a name for it, like a fashion show or something. I was at a training command at the time, so it was unreasonably reasonable, but on deployment in absolute insanity.
Well in most of my school years I never had a dress code or anything up until like the 10th grade... that's when it started getting hectic at the time. Had to wear belts, no open-toed shoes, no facial piercings, no unnaturally colored hair, etc... I feel that was pretty lenient compared to today's standards, but I don't see how there can be a legal/moral basis for faculty enforcing corrective training on students beyond detention or assignments... especially not after school hours in the AM. I mean... that's seriously messed up. That's the state raising children and I don't see how that could have ever been accepted.
Not in public school. No way. And for parents to even let that happen is depressing to say the least.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote