Music Banter - View Single Post - Muse Vs QOTSA
Thread: Muse Vs QOTSA
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 03:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO
Actually Absolution is the only Muse album I'm familiar with. I'd listened to it in my friends car on in its entirety on two different occasions before I realized that it wasn't some obscure Radiohead album that I wasn't aware of. If indeed there is another Muse album that sounds quite a bit more like radiohad than Absolution, then it only goes to further my opinion of them, which isn't a negative opinion per se, I just don't find much originality in them from what iv'e heard.
showbiz i'll concede is day light robbery. but absolution...its just heavier then anything radiohead have ever done. it goes into the realms of heavy rock and even metal in some instances...radiohead are in essence a progressive indie band. if yorke and co have done anything similiar to stockholme syndrome, time is running out, the small print or hysteria please provide a link. i cant see the radiohead influence at all on that album at all but there you go. and homme though he's a rather good guitarist, doesnt possess the vocal ability of bellamy nor can he play the piano....i think bemmay is a lot more talented. but then again i love QOTSA...my concluding opinion is in my eyes...their equal.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote