Music Banter - View Single Post - P A N droppin' his links...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

haha! i like your method too!

you're right about the stream-of consciousness aspect of Spiral Caught. it's quite free.

the meaning as perceived by myself is actually quite along the lines of something like being about lateral thinking. the term "castlebuilder" essentially describes a mentality wherein the individual is concerned with security and gain, in contrast to the theme of being caught in a spiral, where the groove certainly dictates any possible outcome. the spiral symbolizes life. life has this funny way of tricking us into believing that we provide for ourselves while keeping us (consciously or unconsciously - it doesn't matter) on the brink of possible "death" at any given moment.

the words sound like they are talking about space travel, which is intentional. but in the case of my head, outer space is life symbolized, and i and my body and spirit are the craft which Life (an external as well as internal presence) uses to explore itself.

these words also have largely to do with this human notion that we own things. parts of the universe "belong to us." i don't believe that to be true, and i think when people begin to look at their spouses and their children and their material possessions as beautiful mentionings of Life made by Life, then harmony becomes more possible and fruitful. i think realizing this is a big part in the evolution of the human race.

there are also hints at psychological "instability," which is simply stating that people carve identities out of pure information and as a result project that information onto their surroundings as though their surroundings couldn't live without it. this is referencing the ego or narcissism boom of the last 20 years. people place their individuality above all else and use their search for independence as the driver of their lives. there is no such thing as independence. whether you're a multinational corporation-owning gazillionaire or a humble farmer on the side of a mountain generating his own electricity and growing his own food and building his own walls... we're all part of a system. the system provides for itself. being that we are a part of that system, i think it's important to not want it to provide for us, as that it selfish and negative.

"dreamtongue speakfree" is phoenetic playing, aimed at establishing intuition as a resource. we too often let our intuition step back while logic and numbers do all the defining of probable outcomes. dreaming is one place where this logic is abandoned and i "argue" that dreaming is one of the human's most important insights into the divine positions of bodies in the universe.

i don't know if any of that made sense. but i gotta jet. early mother's day meeting!

take care.

Last edited by P A N; 05-07-2010 at 08:54 PM.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote